Military Discharge Information

DD Form 214's and honorable military discharge papers are recorded and are stored in a computer database accessible only to those who are employed by the Recorder's office.

A veteran may come to our office to record and/or obtain copies of their DD Form 214 or honorable discharge papers. Four (4) certified copies may be obtained free of charge. A family member of a veteran may obtain a copy of a DD Form 214 or honorable discharge papers ONLY if they have written permission from the veteran. PLEASE BRING PHOTO ID.

Use the form below to make requests by mail.

Military Discharge Request Form

Please send the form to: Office of the Recorder of Deeds, Attn: Joe Sharpe, 150 N. Queen St. Suite 315, Lancaster, PA 17603. If you have any questions, please contact our office at 717.299.8238. We value the service that our veterans have given to our country.

If you do not have a copy of your discharge and would like to receive one, click on the link below to download the appropriate form to send to the National Archives. Please take note of the instructions on the first page. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the document.

Form SF 180: Form Pertaining to Military Records

divider image

County of Lancaster, Office of Recorder of Deeds
© 2019, all rights reserved

150 N. Queen St., P. O. Box 1478
Lancaster, PA 17608-1478
Phone: 717-299-8238 | Fax: 717-299-8393

government web design by: SiteStrux, Inc.